[identity profile] x-cyclops.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] x_staff
Has anyone else had any problems with Hope? She's been ghosting out a lot in my chemistry classes, I've had to stop her from doing any experiments since it's too dangerous if she were to collapse in the middle of one.

Date: 2012-09-19 11:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-adrienne.livejournal.com
It's been happening a lot in my class too. What the fuck is with that? She's a good student so it doesn't seem like she's stressing a ton about the course material.

Date: 2012-09-20 12:19 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-wildchild.livejournal.com
I'm pretty sure she's not stressing about my class (I mean I could be wrong but I think she's okay with it), but yeah, we had a ghost incident. Is she just, like, having powers problems?

Date: 2012-09-20 12:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-adrienne.livejournal.com
Maybe? What's the deal with her powers again? And yeah, being able to tell if she's stressed about classes is difficult, I agree. Mainly because she's a little bit... odd? Has she handed in any really weird essays to you lately, like that crazyass Jane Austen thing she posted?

Date: 2012-09-20 02:54 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-wildchild.livejournal.com
I think she does some kind of astral something or other? idek, I just know she passes out and then they're like "oh, Hope's a ghost again." Seriously, it's actually kind of freaky, because it totally disrupts the class and what am I gonna do, tell the entire class to quit being worried?

She is literally the most polite kid I have ever encountered, I mean like seriously. There's freaking royalty who are less polite than her. (not counting Prince whatshisface who got naked in Vegas. He sounds like a bro.) No freaky essays yet, but the Jane Austen thing was... I don't even know what that was, straight outta like, the 1800's is what it was. Is that even a thing now? I mean, I prefer women who admit to burping and actually are good at hitting things and I don't have, like, any lady friends who aren't at least a little tomboyish but it seemed pretty far on the extreme end of things.

Date: 2012-09-20 03:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-adrienne.livejournal.com
Oh, believe me, I've seen the freaky! No idea what it is, exactly, but I've experienced the freaky. If I didn't use my powers to keep track of when these "episodes" are most likely to happen, I'd be curled up in a fetal ball making high-pitched wailing noises only dogs can hear each time she did it.

I agree about the polite thing. Mostly they're all mouthy and destructive and insubordinate, but she isn't. Oh Christ I hope the 1800s thing isn't a new thing. There are too many things going on. But the rest of them aren't doing it. The 1800s thing. Are they?

Date: 2012-09-20 03:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-wildchild.livejournal.com
Can you give me a schedule for when they're likely to happen in my class? Because damn, nothing says disruptive than saying "Okay, we're going to focus on (whatthefthefuckever) today, and discuss the (topictopicblahblahblah) and then Maddie's like "Oh, Mister Gibney you so crazy" and then blam! Hope's face down on her desk drooling.

I kid. mostly.

Eh, Mads is a handful, and Renee's ... mildly attitudinal, and I am legit concerned about Molly but they're not bad kids. Hope is weirdly, like - like almost stiff, like she doesn't relax well. and nah, the rest of 'em aren't all 1800's. I'd be a LOT more like "WHAT THE FUCK" if they were.

Date: 2012-09-21 12:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-adrienne.livejournal.com
Sorry, it's been a hell of a day. Yes, I can certainly try to give you a schedule of when they might happen in your class. When you have a minute did you want to meet me in your classroom so you can show me where she sits?

Oh, I don't think they're "bad". I never even said that mouthy, insubordinate, and destructive were necessarily bad things! I just meant that they're like, the opposite of polite. Well, other than liquoring her up and/or hiring someone to have sex with her, how do we get her to relax? (I'M JOKING SCOTT, DON'T YELL AT ME!)

Date: 2012-09-21 01:21 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-wildchild.livejournal.com
'sokay. I'm mostly kidding anyway - I can't really expect co-workers (wow is that weird that I'm like a peer now or something? I mean, I know it's freaky for me to have people I thought of as adults when I wasn't an adult that now I work with) to go totally out of their way, but if it's convenient that'd help - classroom management is a little special in the English dept because well, hey, I'm twenty-fricking-two and half these kids have heard me drop the f-bomb.

Hey, at least some of them say excuse me when they burp. counts as about as polite as we're gonna get out of fifteen year olds.

(uh, not to narc, but I know at least one of the kids on the kids' floor has alcohol. I've smelled it. it's NOT Matt, and that's about all I care about, because I mean, dude. I might've been mega straight-edge in high school but I'm not a narc.)
(wait, fuck I'm a teacher now. Do i have to be a narc too?)
(SCOTT I AM JOKING TOO DON'T MAKE ME DO MIDNIGHT DANGER ROOM RUNS)

Date: 2012-09-21 01:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] x-adrienne.livejournal.com
No it's not weird. Because to admit it's weird is to admit I feel like you're younger than me, which would be crazy.

What is this phrase? Excuse me? I don't think I've ever heard that come out of the mouths of any of them!

Yeah you totally have to be a narc. It really sucks sometimes, but it comes with the territory. Say it with me now: Responsible Teacher.

Profile

x_staff: (Default)
Xavier's Institute Staff Comm - staff members only

November 2014

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
910 1112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 11th, 2026 07:27 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios